Moonglu Wheelworks Hand Built Carbon Road and Gravel Wheels
Awaiting stock, contact for availability
Moonglu Wheelworks Handbuilt Road Disc and Gravel wheels
DT Swiss 240 EXP hubs built into 40mm Hookless carbon rims.
Hand built by Moonglu using DT Swiss 240 EXP Straight Pull hubs, CX Ray spokes and our hand chosen 40mm hookless carbon rim.
You have probably already looked at Hunt, Scribe and Reynolds but I'd put these more in line with Zipp and Enve wheels. Hookless rims are quietly becoming the industry norm for carbon wheels. Manufacturers such as Enve, Zipp and Giant are using hookless technology on all their newest wheelsets and the tyre manufacturers are rapidly developing and bringing to market hookless compatible road and gravel tyres.
With an internal rim diameter these rims are only 1mm narrower than Zipp's newest model, the 454 NSW and only 2mm narrower than the DT Swiss GR531 DB, their full on gravel rim. With numbers like these it's clear that our 40mm carbon rim stacks up for both road and gravel use.
Available with the option of hookless compatible tubeless tyres. Choose from the following:
- Pirelli P Zero Race TLR 28mm
- Maxxis Velocity 700x40mm TR
The specified price includes tubeless valves, tubeless sealant and setup. Wheels only are supplied with tubeless tape (fitted) and tubeless valves.
- 1 x DT Swiss 240 EXP Straight Pull Centrelock 24 Hole 12x100mm Front Hub.
- 1 x DT Swiss 240 EXP Straight Pull Centrelock 24 Hole 142x12mm Rear Hub.
- 48 x Sapim CX Ray Spokes Black
- 48 x Sapim Double Square Secure Lock Alloy Black Nipples
- 2 x 40mm Hookless UD Carbon Rims.
- Weight: 1377g
- Size - 700c
- Construction: Toray T700s and T800 carbon
- ID: 22mm
- OD: 27.6mm
- Depth: 40mm
- Weight: 410g
- Finish: UD Matt Carbon with Impact Resistance
- Suitability: Road Disc and Gravel Use
- Max System Weight: 130kg
- The rear wheel is supplied with a Shimano HG Freehub body for 10/11 speed cassettes. XDR freehubs are available at extra cost.
- The wheel weights quoted above are genuine, complete wheels measured in the shop.
- For further information about our wheel builds please refer to our Wheel Building FAQs.
- Warranty Policy
Approximately 6 weeks.
Stock, Shipping and Returns
Shipping Destinations: United Kingdom
Returns Class: Custom
Delivery: Free in the UK
Click and Collect: Yes
Moonglu Independent Bike Shop | 57 Blossomgate | North Yorkshire | HG4 2AN | email@example.com | 01765 601106
QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
Have a Question?
Be the first to ask a question about this.