Hand built Hope RS4 hubs with DT Swiss RR 481 DB Rims
Moonglu Wheelworks Handbuilt Endurance Road and Gravel Disc and cyclo cross wheels
Hope RS4 centrelock hubs built into DT Swiss RR 481 DB Rims
Hope's RS4 Centrelock road disc hubs handbuilt into DT Swiss RR481 DB endurance road disc brake rims. We have paired the RS4 road specific disc hub with the RR 481 DB, DT's newest tubeless compatible endurance road disc and gravel rim. With a 22mm internal width and 25mm depth the RR 481is available in both 650b and 700c/29er sizes making it ideal for gravel bikes.
In our opinion, these wheels stack up against anything else out there in the £500 price bracket. The reliability of the Hope RS4 hubs paired with a hand built wheel makes these hard to beat, even compared to Hunt and Mavic wheels.
If you are looking for a tough but lightweight XC race rim, these will work perfectly on a 650b or 29er mountain bike.
- 1 x Hope RS4 Disc front hub (hub specification)
- 1 x Hope RS4 Disc rear hub (hub specification)
- 56 x DT Competition Stainless Steel Double Butted Spokes Black (option to upgrade to Sapim CX Ray Aero Black)
- 2 x DT Swiss RR 481 DB Disc only rims (rim specification)
- Front Wheel - TBCg
- Rear Wheel - TBCg
- Total Weight - TBCg
- Rim only - 455/485g
Hub Axle Options
|Front Wheel||Rear Wheel|
|100mm Standard Quick Release||135mm Standard Quick Release|
|15mm Thru Axle||142 x 12mm Thru Axle|
|12mm Thru Axle|
- The rear wheel is supplied as standard with a Shimano/SRAM 9/10/11 speed compatible alloy freehub body. There is an option to upgrade to either a Shimano spec Stainless Steel or SRAM XD driver freehub body. Please not, these 2 options are fitted with 4 pawls rather than the 2 on a standard RS4 alloy freehub.
- Choose between DT Squorx Alloy nipples or Sapim 14mm brass nipples in either silver or black.
- These rims are tubeless compatible, they will be fitted by Moonglu with 2 layers of tubeless tape.
- For all the wheel aficionados, we build all our wheels with the hub logo lined up with the rim valve hole. A small matter, but important to those with a wheel fetish.
- The wheel weights quoted above are genuine, complete wheels measured in the shop.
- For further information about our wheel builds please refer to our Wheel Building FAQs.
- Warranty Policy
Before ordering these wheels, please understand that the wheels will generally be built to order from the component parts. Items shown instock will be instock in their component parts, ready to be laced up, tensioned and trued. In most cases we can't pluck these wheels off the shelf, pack them into boxes and dispatch them, if only life was that easy. We will do our utmost to make the turnaround time as quick as possible (usually 7-10 days), but if you are in doubt, please Contact us first.
Wheel Builder's Comments
Proving to be one of our most popular wheelsets both by sales and internet searches. Customers are clearly looking for handbuilt quality, strong and lightweight wheels with Hope's incredible RS4 hub with their multitude of colours and options.
Stock, Shipping and Returns
Shipping Destinations: United Kingdom and Europe (additional shipping cost for Europe)
Returns Class: Custom
Delivery: Free in the UK
Click and Collect: Yes
Moonglu Independent Bike Shop | 57 Blossomgate | North Yorkshire | HG4 2AN | email@example.com | 01765 601106
QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
Have a Question?
Be the first to ask a question about this.