Hand built Hope Pro 4 hubs with Reserve 30 29er Carbon Rims
Awaiting stock, contact for availability
Moonglu Wheelworks hand built mountain bike wheels
All Mountain and Enduro wheels featuring Hope Pro 4 hubs and Santa Cruz Reserve 30 Carbon rims. Wide profile, strong but lightweight, trail and enduro riding.
Hope's Pro 4 6 Bolt Disc Mountain Bike Hubs handbuilt into Santa Cruz Reserve 27 Carbon 29er rims. With a 30mm internal width and 36.4mm external these are wide enough for tyres up to 2.6".
Customize your wheels. The coloured red band near the valve can be replaced with a variety of colour options to match your hub or bike. A sticker set with a selection of popular colour options will be supplied with these wheels.
- 1 x Hope Pro 4 28 hole front hub (hub specification)
- 1 x Hope Pro 4 28 hole rear hub (hub specification) (exploded view) (freehub options)
- 56x DT Competition Stainless Steel Double Butted Spokes Black (option to upgrade to Sapim CX Ray Aero Black)
- 56 x Black Brass Spoke Nipples
- 2 x Reserve 30 Carbon Rims (rim specification)
- 2 x Tubeless Valves included
- Front Wheel - 893g
- Rear Wheel - 1020g
- Total Weight - 1913g (29" Rim with Standard Spokes)
- 29" Rim only - 490g
Hub Axle Options
|Front Wheel||Rear Wheel|
|9mm Standard Quick Release||10mm Standard Quick Release|
|15mm Thru Axle (Torque Caps Available to Order)||135 x 12mm Thru Axle|
|20mm Thru Axle||142 x 12mm Thru Axle|
|110 x 15mm BOOST Thru Axle||148 x 12mm BOOST Thru Axle|
- The rear wheel can be supplied with the option of 9/10/11 speed compatible alloy or steel freehub body or SRAM XD drive compatible.
- These rims are tubeless compatible, they will be fitted with 2 rounds of tubeless tape prior to dispatch.
- For all the wheel aficionados, we build all our wheels with the hub logo lined up with the rim valve hole. A small matter, but important to those with a wheel fetish.
- The wheel weights quoted above are genuine, complete wheels measured in the shop.
- For further information about our hand built mtb wheels please refer to our Wheel Building FAQs.
- Warranty Policy
Before ordering these wheels, please understand that the wheels will generally be built to order from the component parts. Items shown instock will be instock in their component parts, ready to be laced up, tensioned and trued. In most cases we can't pluck these wheels off the shelf, pack them into boxes and dispatch them, if only life was that easy. We will do our utmost to make the turnaround time as quick as possible (usually 7-10 days), but if you are in doubt, please Contact us first.
Wheel Builder's Comments
Proving to be one of our most popular wheelsets both by sales and internet searches. Customers are clearly looking for handbuilt quality, strong and lightweight wheels with Hope's incredible Pro 4 hub with their multitude of colours and options.
When Santa Cruz launched their Reserve carbon rims they very quickly established themselves as the most desirable carbon mountain bike rim currently on the market. The Asymmetric design allows for a more balanced spoke tension hence a stronger wheel. Santa Cruz back this up with a lifetime warranty to registered wheels.
Stock, Shipping and Returns
Shipping Destinations: United Kingdom and Europe (additional shipping cost for Europe)
Returns Class: Custom
Delivery: Free in the UK
Click and Collect: Yes
Moonglu Independent Bike Shop | 57 Blossomgate | North Yorkshire | HG4 2AN | firstname.lastname@example.org | 01765 601106
QUESTIONS & ANSWERSAsk a Question
Just wondering on availability and if you could request silver spokes rather than black? Still brass nipples Cheers
Thanks for the message. We have the same rims on order for a client but that was a couple of months ago. I will contact them and find out the likely delivery time on the rims and come back to you.
We could do silver rims if you would prefer.
Neil @ Moonglu
Hi What is the total wheelset on the reserve 30mm 29 with boost front and rear on the hope pro 4 hub? And do you ship to norway? Best regards Arild
Good morning, many thanks for your question.
I have calculated the weight to be 1915g (+/-2g) for a Reserve 30 29er wheelset with Pro 4 Boost hubs. These would be built with DT Competition spokes and brass nipples.
We are happy to ship to Norway, we have sent quite a few pairs of wheels to Scandanavia. This is an option at checkout on our website.