Hope Pro 4 Disc hubs hand built into DT Swiss GR 531 DB Rims
Moonglu Wheelworks Handbuilt Endurance Road and Gravel Disc wheels
Hope Pro 4 6 bolt disc hubs built into DT Swiss GR 531 DB Rims
Customer Notice 01.09.21. Please read before ordering.
Hope are still producing Pro 4 hubs but there is a significant backlog. Currently hubs are taking approximately 7 weeks to come through from Hope. This will have a knock on effect on our wheels. It is likely that custom wheel orders will now be 7-8 weeks for delivery. Please only order if you are happy to wait for your wheels. We cannot give refunds for cancelled orders as they are all custom. For those that do order, we appreciate your business and will get your wheels to you as promptly as possible. You will get your wheels but you'll have to wait in line for delivery. Thanks for your patience.
Hope's Pro 4 6 bolt disc hubs handbuilt into DT Swiss GR531 DB endurance gravel disc brake rims. We have paired the Pro 4 hub with the GR 531 DB, DT's newest tubeless compatible endurance gravel rim. With a 24mm internal width and 25mm depth the GR 531 is available in both 650b and 700c/29er sizes making it ideal for gravel bikes.
In our opinion, these wheels stack up against anything else out there in the £500 price bracket. The reliability of the Hope Pro 4 hubs paired with a hand built wheel makes these hard to beat, even compared to Hunt and Mavic wheels.
All our DT Swiss rim equipped wheels now have the option of silver alloy Squorx Prolock spoke nipples or Sapim Double Square Secure Lock Brass in Silver or Black. All these options are compatible with DT PHR washers. The use of these nipples allows us to use a slightly longer spoke for added strength and to build the wheels from the outside, reducing tooling marks on the spoke nipple.
Some electric bikes now come with 110x12 and 15mm thru axle front and 148x12mm thru axle rear specific frames. We can now supply these gravel wheels with BOOST specific Pro 4 hubs.
32 hole wheels are available on request, please contact us for a quote and delivery time.
- 1 x Hope Pro 4 28h Disc front hub (hub specification)
- 1 x Hope Pro 4 28h Disc rear hub (hub specification)
- 56 x Sapim Race Stainless Steel Double Butted Spokes Black (option to upgrade to Sapim CX Ray Aero Black)
- 2 x DT Swiss GR 531 DB Disc only rims (rim specification)
- Built 28 hole 3 cross front and rear
- Front Wheel - TBCg
- Rear Wheel - TBCg
- Total Weight - TBCg
- Rim only - 500/535g
Hub Axle Options
|Front Wheel||Rear Wheel|
|100mm Standard Quick Release||135mm Standard Quick Release|
|12mm Thru Axle||142 x 12mm Thru Axle|
|15mm Thru Axle|
|110x12mm BOOST||148x12mm BOOST|
- The rear wheel can be supplied with the following freehub body options. Shimano/SRAM 9/10/11 speed compatible alloy or stainless freehub body, SRAM XDR 12 speed road, Campagnolo 11/12 speed or SRAM XD 11/12 speed MTB.
- Choose between DT Squorx Alloy nipples or Sapim Double Square Secure Lock Brass Nipples in either silver or black.
- These rims are tubeless compatible, they will be fitted by Moonglu with 2 layers of tubeless tape.
- For all the wheel aficionados, we build all our wheels with the hub logo lined up with the rim valve hole. A small matter, but important to those with a wheel fetish.
- The wheel weights quoted above are genuine, complete wheels measured in the shop.
- For further information about our wheel builds please refer to our Wheel Building FAQs.
- Warranty Policy
Before ordering these wheels, please understand that the wheels will generally be built to order from the component parts. Items shown instock will be instock in their component parts, ready to be laced up, tensioned and trued. In most cases we can't pluck these wheels off the shelf, pack them into boxes and dispatch them, if only life was that easy. We will do our utmost to make the turnaround time as quick as possible (currently 2-3 weeks), but if you are in doubt, please Contact us first.
Wheel Builder's Comments
Proving to be one of our most popular wheelsets both by sales and internet searches. Customers are clearly looking for handbuilt quality, strong and lightweight wheels with Hope's incredible Pro 4 hub with their multitude of colours and options. These are perfect if you prefer 6 bolt disc rotors and the reliability of 4 pawl engagement.
Stock, Shipping and Returns
Shipping Destinations: United Kingdom and Europe (additional shipping cost for Europe)
Returns Class: Custom
Delivery: Free in the UK
Click and Collect: Yes
Moonglu Independent Bike Shop | 57 Blossomgate | North Yorkshire | HG4 2AN | email@example.com | 01765 601106
QUESTIONS & ANSWERSAsk a Question
Hi, Can you tell me if you build with straight pull centre-lock Pro4 hubs? Thanks, Mike
Thanks for the message. Hope no longer make straight pull Pro 4 hubs and they don't make a CL Pro 4 either. We could however build those wheels with Hope RS4 straight pull centrelock hubs.
Please email me at firstname.lastname@example.org if you would like to discuss this further.