Hand Built DT Swiss 350 Road Hubs on DT RR 511 rims
Moonglu Wheelworks Handbuilt road wheels
DT Swiss cartridge bearing equipped 350 series hubs built into a new generation DT Swiss road rim. The most advanced alloy existing for rims meets the most advanced rim profile to form the RR 511 rim. Anyone wanting to build a reliable super-stiff wheel is starting in the right place with the RR 511. Thanks to a state-of-the-art aluminum alloy and surface treatment, this extremely robust 32-mm-high semi-aero rim is lighter than you would think. And those thinking of using it on gravel or cyclo-cross courses can easily install tubeless tires.
- 1 x DT 350 24 hole hub (hub specification)
- 1 x DT 350 28 hole hub 9/10/11 Speed Shimano (hub specification)
- 52 x DT Competition Stainless Steel Double Butted Spokes Black or Sapim CX Ray Aero Black
- 52 x Spoke Nipples (choice)
- 1 x DT Swiss RR 511 24 Hole Road Rim (rim specification)
- 1 x DT Swiss RR 511 28 Hole Road Rim (rim specification)
- Front Wheel - TBCg
- Rear Wheel - TBCg
- Total Weight - TBCg
- Rim only - 530g
- The rear wheel is supplied as standard with a Shimano 9/10/11 speed compatible alloy freehub body. A spacer is supplied for use with 9/10 speed cassettes.
- These rims are tubeless compatible, they will be supplied with 2 complete rounds of yellow tubeless tape. The rims can be used with or without inner tubes.
- Tubeless sealant and valve stems can be ordered here. We recommend 60mm valves on these wheels.
- These wheels are only compatible with standard quick release frames with 100mm forks and 130mm rear dropouts. These wheels are not supplied with wheel skewers.
- For all the wheel aficionados, we build all our wheels with the hub logo lined up with the rim valve hole. A small matter, but important to those with a wheel fetish.
- The wheel weights quoted above are genuine, complete wheels measured in the shop.
- For further information about our wheel builds please refer to our Wheel Building FAQs.
- Warranty Policy
Before ordering these wheels, please understand that the wheels will generally be built to order from the component parts. Items shown instock will be instock in their component parts, ready to be laced up, tensioned and trued. In most cases we can't pluck these wheels off the shelf, pack them into boxes and dispatch them, if only life was that easy. We will do our utmost to make the turnaround time as quick as possible (usually 7-10 days), but if you are in doubt, please Contact us first.
Our current waiting time for new orders is available here.
Ways to Pay
1. Our wheels are now available with 0% Finance. If you would like to spread the cost of these custom wheels please contact us via email (email@example.com) and we can forward the application form to be filled in online. It's simple to complete with a quick decision. eg. Deposit = £50, 6 Monthly Payments £75. Total Amount Payable = £500 Applicants must be 18 or over and UK resident. Further details are available on our Finance Blog.
2. For card or Paypal payments please use our normal checkout page and get 10% discount by using code 350RR511
Stock, Shipping and Returns
Shipping Destinations: United Kingdom and International
Returns Class: Custom
Delivery: Free in the UK
Click and Collect: Yes
Wheel Builder's Comments
If you're looking for a tough wheel that will hold speed well on the flat and be up to the challenge of gravel or cross, this could be the wheelset for you. Paired with the reliable DT 350 series hubs and you've got a seriously good set of road wheels. These are ideal for tubeless road set up.