DT Swiss 240 EXP road hubs hand built into DT Swiss RR411 Road Rims
Moonglu Wheelworks hand built tubeless compatible straight pull road wheels
All year round road mile munchers, these rim brake road wheels will be reliable in all conditions with DT Swiss 240 EXP Road hubs and DT's tubeless compatible RR 411 rims.
The legendary DT 240s hubs have been recently updated and improved. They now come fitted with Ratchet EXP and evolution of the Hugi star ratchet system that powered their hubs for 2 decades. Now simpler and lighter with fewer moving parts, the 240 EXP is now the benchmark road hub on the market today.
We have paired the 240 EXP hubs with the DT's RR 411 tubeless compatible road disc rim. With a 18mm inner width the RR 411 can be paired with tyres from 23-40mm. This wheelset is built with Straight Pull 240 EXP hubs and Straight Pull Sapim CX Ray spokes, the best available and come in at 1400g per pair.
All our DT Swiss rim equipped wheels now have the option of silver alloy Squorx Prolock spoke nipples or Sapim Double Square Secure Lock Brass in Silver or Black. All these options are compatible with DT PHR washers. The use of these nipples allows us to use a slightly longer spoke for added strength and to build the wheels from the outside, reducing tooling marks on the spoke nipple.
Now available with the option of tubeless tyres. Choose from the following:
- Continental Grand Prix 5000 TL 25mm
- Continental Grand Prix 5000 TL 28mm
- Maxxis High Road TR 25mm
- Maxxis High Road TR 28mm
- Schwalbe Pro One (New Version) 25mm
- Schwalbe Pro One (New Version) 28mm
The specified price includes tubeless valves, tubeless sealant and setup.
Wheel Build specification:
- 1 x DT 240 EXP Straight Pull road front hub 20h (hub specification)
- 1 x DT 240 EXP Straight Pull road rear hub 24h (hub specification)
- 48 x Sapim CX Ray Aero Black spokes
- 2 x DT Swiss RR 411 SBWT rim brake only rims (rim specification)
20 hole front wheels will be built with a radial lacing pattern and 24 hole rear wheels built 2x/2x. Rear wheels will feature the asymmetric version of the RR 411.
- Front Wheel -643g
- Rear Wheel - 759g
- Total Weight - 1402g (CX Ray spokes and squorx alloy nipples)
- Rim only - 430g
- Option of Shimano (9/10/11 speed) or SRAM XDR alloy freehub bodies.
- Spoke Nipple. We would recommend brass spoke nipples in UK riding conditions to extend service life but we do offer the option of alloy nipples for those that would prefer them.
- These rims are tubeless compatible, they will be supplied with 2 rounds of tubeless tape fitted.
- For all the wheel aficionados, we build all our wheels with the hub logo lined up with the rim valve hole. A small matter, but important to those with a wheel fetish.
- The wheel weights quoted above are genuine, complete wheels measured in the shop.
- For further information about our wheel builds please refer to our Wheel Building FAQs.
- Warranty Policy
Before ordering these wheels, please understand that the wheels will generally be built to order from the component parts. Items shown instock will be instock in their component parts, ready to be laced up, tensioned and trued. In most cases we can't pluck these wheels off the shelf, pack them into boxes and dispatch them, if only life was that easy. We will do our utmost to make the turnaround time as quick as possible (usually 7-10 days), but if you are in doubt, please Contact us first.
Wheel Builder's Comments
The RR 411 is one of the best conventional road rims that I have built. They're not the lightest available, but I believe that they could be one of the most durable road rims around, right up there in quality with the likes of the Pacenti SL23 and HED Belgium Plus rims. Paired with the brand new and updated DT 240 Ratchet EXP hubs and you've got a seriously good set of road wheels. Compatible with Shimano and SRAM road groupsets.
Stock, Shipping and Returns
Shipping Destinations: United Kingdom and Europe (additional shipping cost for Europe)
Returns Class: Custom
Delivery: Free in the UK
Click and Collect: Yes
Moonglu Independent Bike Shop | 57 Blossomgate | North Yorkshire | HG4 2AN | firstname.lastname@example.org | 01765 601106
QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
Have a Question?
Be the first to ask a question about this.