Ridley Fenix SL Moonglu Custom Endurance Road Bike
Ridley Fenix SL Moonglu Custom Endurance Road Bike
The Fenix SL is a thoroughbred racer in an endurance disguise. Ridley have taken all the best of their Fenix, Helium SL and Noah SL, and put it into the Fenix SL. The stiff and aerodynamic headtube, combined with the strong bottom bracket and the light and narrow seatstays do not only make it look sexy, they make it fast as well. After field testing they could only just get some of the Lotto Soudal riders to give their bikes back after they were done testing the Fenix SL.
Our Moonglu Ultegra build keeps the bike right up to date, making use of the longer cage rear derailleur and wide range 11-32 cassette to give the bike a really low bottom gear without sacrificing the gears at the other end of the block. This is a full Ultegra groupset with no hidden lower spec chain, cassette or brakes, it's all current 6800. And the wheels, so often the downfall of stock bikes certainly won't let this bike down, we have 3 DT Swiss wheel and tyre options to suit various budgets.
Fenix SL Frame Specifications:
Frame: Ridley Bikes Fenix SL
Fork: Ridley Fenix SL Full Carbon Tapered
Headset: FSA Tapered Integrated with Sealed Bearings
Stem: Pro PLT Alloy
Handlebar: Pro PLT Compact
Bar Tape: Pro Race Control Black
Seatpost: Pro PLT 27.2cm x 400mm
Saddle: Pro Griffon Anatomic 142mm Wide Black
Brakes: Shimano Ultegra 6800
Shifters: Shimano Ultegra 6800 11 Speed
Front Mech: Shimano Ultegra 6800 Braze On
Rear Mech: Shimano Ultegra 6800 GS
Cassette: Shimano 6800 11-32 11 Speed
Chain: Shimano Ultegra 11 Speed
Chainset: Shimano Ultegra 6800 50/34
Bottom Bracket: Shimano BB71 Road Press Fit
Wheels: See below
Tyres: See below
We are big fans of DT Swiss wheels. We feel that they deliver on quality, specification and value and we're offering this bike with a number of wheel and tyre options.
R20 DICUT - Our premium offering on this bike, the R20 DICUT wheels feature their lightweight machined hubs, star ratchet hub internal, lightweight rims and aero spokes, all in a near 1500g package. We've fitted these with Continental's legendary GP4000s II 25mm tyres.
R23 Spline - A much better than average wheel and a best seller for Moonglu, the R23 Spline offer premium level specification with a low weight at a fantastic price. These are seriously good wheels for the money. This option is fitted with Continental Grand Sport Race 25mm folding tyres.
R24 Spline - Another seriously good wheelset for not a lot of money. They're slightly heavier but they won't let you down and have that factory straight pull appeal. This option is also fitted with Continental Grand Sport Race 25mm folding tyres.
No Wheels - Building a custom specification bike gives you the option of fitting your existing wheels. This is a great option is you already own some high end road wheels and means you're not paying for something you won't use. To select this option your wheels will need to be 11 speed Shimano compatible. Tyres and tubes will also need to be supplied in this option as they're not part of the pricing.
Fenix SL Geometry
|Seat Tube Centre to Centre (A)||44cm||47cm||50cm||53cm||55cm|
|Seat Tube Centre to Top (B)||48cm||51cm||54cm||57cm||60cm|
|Horizontal Top Tube (C)||52.5cm||54.5cm||56.5cm||58.5cm||60cm|
|Actual Top Tube (D)||50.5cm||52.6cm||54.9cm||56.7cm||58.3cm|
|Head Tube Length (E)||12.7cm||14.2cm||17.2cm||20.2cm||22.7cm|
|Seat Tube Angle (F)||74°||73.5||73||72.5||72.5|
|Head Tube Angle (G)||72°||73||73.5||73.5||74|
|Chainstay Length (H)||41cm||41cm||41cm||41.3cm||41.3cm|
|Bottom Bracket Drop (K)||6.8cm||6.6cm||6.6cm||6.3cm||6.3cm|
|Wheel Base (L)||97.5cm||98.2cm||99.2cm||100.1cm||101.9cm|
|Standover Height (M)||76.5cm||78.9cm||82.0cm||85.0cm||87.8cm|
|Stack Height (N)||52.7cm||54.2cm||57.3cm||59.9cm||62.4cm|
- This custom bike is built up from a Fenix SL frame and fork set. It has been custom built in our workshop at Moonglu using many years of experience. You can rest assured that lots of care and attention to detail will have been taken when this bike was assembled. We will have taken the time to grease the bottom bracket shell and headset bearings. We will have used Shimano gear cables, cut cleanly and to the correct length, the gears and brakes will feel fantastic on the first ride, and the next, and next.....
- Bikes showing in stock will mean we have the frame and components in stock ready to assemble.
- We take care in the specification and because the bikes are custom we can tune the handlebar width, stem length, seat layback and crank length. This can be discussed at the time of order and stem length can be tuned on collection.
- We have used our experience when specifying these builds and we have endeavored to spec these with the best and most suitable components, both functionally and aesthetically. Take a look at other Ultegra equipped bikes on the market, do they have wheels of this quality and weight, do they come with premium tyres or cheap £15 non folding tyres that you'll upgrade anyway after your first slide or puncture? These items can make huge differences to first impressions. This bike will feel stiff, assured and fast, straight out of the shop with no upgrades needed.
- These frames are finished matt black with orange graphics.
- The quoted prices are not available when purchasing with 0% Finance. Finance is available at the quoted original prices.
- In order to correctly hand over a bike of this quality we would prefer final collection in person. Custom built bikes require a personal touch that is not possible when sending out a boxed bike. Please allow at least an hour when collecting a custom bike.
- For sizing an existing bike is very useful information particularly the top tube length and seat height, however we can carry out a final bike fit when the bike is collected.
- Turnaround time for completion of the bike will usually be 2-4 weeks depending on availability of specific parts. We will attempt to give an indication of final completion at the time of order. We don't anticipate customers clicking to buy through our website, if you would like to discuss one of these builds please contact the shop to discuss it further, 01765 601106 or firstname.lastname@example.org
- We ask for a 20% deposit to confirm the order with the balance to be paid on collection.