Lynskey Sportive Disc Bike
Moonglu Custom Lynskey Sportive Disc Titanium Road Bike
Custom built titanium road disc bike, based on a Lynskey Sportive Disc. Join the road disc revolution and enjoy the additional comfort of wider tyres, more clearance and full mudguard compatibility.
The Lynskey Sportive was designed specifically for the UK to cater for medium to long endurance road riding such as Audax and Sportives where both positive handling and comfort are desired. With full mudguard capability this bike is perfect for all weather riding with the added benefit of disc brakes.
Moonglu have been selling Lynskey titanium frames since they appeared in the UK in 2008. Titanium has always held a fascination to cyclists as the wonder material that outlasts all the other bike frame materials and has combined material properties that makes it ideal for bike frames.
Moonglu have lots of examples of custom Sportive bikes that are all still going strong, some of them after 5 years and many thousands of miles of use. Most have been purchased as a fast winter bike but become the ride of choice throughout the year.
|Specification||Spec 1||Spec 2||Spec 3|
|Frame||2017 Sportive Di2 Disc Titanium||2017 Sportive Disc Titanium||2017 Sportive Disc Team|
|Fork||TRP Taper Full Carbon 12mm Thru with Mudguard Eyelets||Kinesis Crosslight Carbon Taper||
Kinesis Crosslight Carbon Taper
|Headset||Cane Creek 110 Series||Pro Cartridge||Pro Cartridge|
|Stem||Pro Vibe 7S||Pro PLT||Pro PLT|
|Handlebar||Pro Vibe 7S Compact||Pro PLT||Pro PLT|
|Bar Tape||Pro Comfort Microtex||Pro Comfort||Pro Comfort|
|Seatpost||Pro Vibe Ltd Carbon Di2||Pro PLT||Pro PLT|
|Saddle||Pro Griffon Hollow Rail Anatomic Fit 142mm||Pro Griffon Hollow Rail Anatomic Fit||
|Gear Shifters||Shimano Di2 Disc||Shimano RS785 Hydraulic Disc||Shimano RS505 Hydraulic Disc|
|Front Mech||Ultegra 6870 Di2 Double||Ultegra 6800 Double||105 5800|
|Rear Mech||Ultegra 6870 Di2 GS||Ultegra 6800 GS||105 5800 GS|
|Cassette||Ultegra 6800 11-32||Ultegra 6800 11-32||105 5800 11-32|
|Chain||6800 Sil-tec 11 Speed||6800 Sil-tec 11 Speed||5800 11 Speed|
|Bottom Bracket||Ultegra 6800||Ultegra 6800||105 5800|
|Chainset||Ultegra 6800 50/34||Ultegra 6800 50/34||105 5800 50/34|
|Front Brake||Shimano RS685 with Freeza Centrelock Rotors||Shimano RS685 with Ice Tec Centrelock Rotors||Shimano RS505 with Ice Tec Centrelock Rotors|
|Rear Brake||Shimano RS685 with Freeza Centrelock Rotors||Shimano RS685 with Ice Tec Centrelock Rotors||Shimano RS505 with Ice Tec Centrelock Rotors|
|Front Hub||DT 350 Centrelock 28h||DT 350 Centrelock 28h||Shimano CX75 Centrelock 28h|
|Rear Hub||DT 350 Centrelock 28h 11 speed||DT 350 Centrelock 28h 11 speed||Shimano CX75 Centrelock 11 speed|
|Rims||DT Swiss RR511 DB 28 Hole||DT Swiss R460 DB 28 Hole||DT R460 Disc|
|Spokes||DT Aero Lite Black||Sapim Race||Sapim Race|
|Quick Releases||DT RWS||Hope Stainless Black||Shimano CX75|
Conti GP4 Seasons 28mm
|Panaracer Gravel King Folding 28mm||Panaracer Gravel King Folding 28mm|
- These bikes are custom built and the speed of delivery is based on the availability of all the components. Once an order is received we will endeavor to get the parts together and build the bike as quickly as is possible. Under normal circumstances we would hope to have the bike ready within 3-4 weeks. For someone interested in one of these builds it would be advisable to contact us beforehand to check availability.
- We have used our experience when specifying these builds, we have built many Sportive's over the years and we have endeavored to spec these with the best and most suitable components, both functionally and aesthetically.
- Specification 1 is our premium bike with Shimano Ultegra Di2 electronic and hydraulic disc brakes.
- Specification 1 includes a Di2 electronic gear specific Lynskey Sportive frame. The cables are internal and the bike is specified with an internal battery. A battery charger is included in the price.The bike is supplied with a 3 port stem mounted junction box.
- Specification 2 features Shimano's new mechanical STI with hydraulic brake levers and Ultegra 11 speed components.
- Specification 3 makes use of the brand new Shimano 105 level hydraulic road disc brakes system along with 105 5800 11 speed components.
- These frames are finished in their industrial mill classic titanium polished finish.
- Bikes on all specifications will be supplied with handlebars and stems in proportion to the frame size. If bike fit information is available, specific sizes can be ordered to accommodate.
- Handlebar tape will be black unless specified otherwise by customer.
- Bikes will be fully prepared in our workshop prior to collection. The build time and cost is included in the prices above. This is usually 3-5 hours of workshop time.
- Wheels are hand built in house by Moonglu Wheelworks builder Neil Dunkley. Brass spoke nipples will be used on all three wheel specifications.
- Mudguards and pedals aren't included in the specification or price.
- The forks supplied on all three builds are tapered steerer design, optimized for the headtube on the Lynskey frame and flush fit with the bottom of the frame. All forks are fitted with fender/mudguard eyelets to match the frame.
- The quoted prices are not available when purchasing with finance or Cycle to Work Scheme
Sportive Frame Specifications:
The full details and frame specifications can be found here.
Sportive Disc Geometry
|Seat Tube Length||50cm||52cm||54cm||56cm||58cm|
|Horizontal Top Tube Length||52cm||53cm||55.5cm||57cm||59cm|
|Head Tube Angle||72°||72°||72.5°||72.5°||73°|
|Seat Tube Angle||74°||73.5°||73°||72.5°||72°|
|Chain Stay Length||42.5cm||42.5cm||42.5cm||42.5cm||42.5cm|
|Head Tube Length||11.2cm||12.6cm||14.1cm||15.6cm||17.1cm|
|Recommended Fork Rake||45mm||45mm||45mm||45mm||45mm|
|Recommended Rider Height||63-66 In||65-70 In||69-72 In||72-75 In||74-77 In|