Hope RS4 hubs hand built into Aforce AL33 Road Rims
Moonglu Wheelworks hand built tubeless compatible road wheels
Premium quality road wheels, these rim brake road wheels will be reliable in all conditions with Hope's legendary RS4 road hubs and Aforce AL33 tubeless compatible rims.
Made in the UK by Hope Technology, RS4 road hubs hand built by Moonglu Wheelworks into Aforce tubeless rim brake only road rims.
We have paired the RS4 road specific hub with the AForce AL33 tubeless compatible road disc rim. With a 19.6mm inner width the AL33 can be paired with tyres from 25-40mm.
- Weight: 485g
- A wind-tunnel proven aluminium alternative to deep carbon wheels
- Manufactured to last, no cracking! Thanks to AF9X alloy construction
- Welded joint ensures consistent braking, no rattling, easy tubeless setup, lower overall weight and increased joint integrity
- Unique tubeless compatible design for tubeless setup and easy tire installation
- Invisible weld, sandblasted matt black finish and laser engraving for understated elegance
These wheels will be built with Sapim Double Square Brass or Alloy external nipples. The use of these nipples allows us to use a slightly longer spoke for added strength and to build the wheels from the outside, reducing tooling marks on the spoke nipple.
Now available with the option of tubeless tyres. Choose from the following:
- Continental Grand Prix 5000 TL 25mm
- Continental Grand Prix 5000 TL 28mm
- Maxxis High Road TR 25mm
- Maxxis High Road TR 28mm
- Schwalbe Pro One (New Version) 25mm
- Schwalbe Pro One (New Version) 28mm
The specified price includes tubeless valves, tubeless sealant and setup.
Wheel Build specification:
- 1 x Hope RS4 24h road front hub (hub specification)
- 1 x Hope RS4 28h road rear hub (hub specification)
- 52 x Sapim CX Ray Aero Black spokes with silver brass nipples
- 2 x Aforce AL33 rim brake only rims (rim specification)
24 hole front wheels will be built with a radial lacing pattern and 28 hole rear wheels built 3x/3x.
- Front Wheel - 763g
- Rear Wheel - 919g
- Total Weight - 1682g
- Rim only - 485g
- Option of Shimano (9/10/11 speed) alloy or stainless steel freehub body. Campagnolo 10/11 speed freehub body also available. SRAM XD and XDR freehub bodies now available.
- Front Hub is 100mm QR (quick release not supplied but option to buy)
- Rear Hub is 130mm QR (quick release not supplied but option to buy)
- Hope Stainless Steel quick releases will be supplied in the same colour as hubs unless otherwise stated in order notes.
- Spoke Nipple. We would recommend brass spoke nipples in UK riding conditions to extend service life but we do offer the option of alloy nipples for those that would prefer them.
- These rims are tubeless compatible, they will be supplied with 2 rounds of tubeless tape fitted.
- For all the wheel aficionados, we build all our wheels with the hub logo lined up with the rim valve hole. A small matter, but important to those with a wheel fetish.
- The wheel weights quoted above are genuine, complete wheels measured in the shop.
- For further information about our wheel builds please refer to our Wheel Building FAQs.
- Warranty Policy
Before ordering these wheels, please understand that the wheels will generally be built to order from the component parts. Items shown instock will be instock in their component parts, ready to be laced up, tensioned and trued. In most cases we can't pluck these wheels off the shelf, pack them into boxes and dispatch them, if only life was that easy. We will do our utmost to make the turnaround time as quick as possible (usually 7-10 days), but if you are in doubt, please Contact us first.
Wheel Builder's Comments
The AL33 is one of the most advanced aluminium rims currently available. With a shape similar to premium carbon rims, the AL33 is probably the most aerodynamic alloy rim on the market. Building them backs up the build quality. Paired with the reliable RS4 hubs and you've got a seriously good set of road wheels. Compatible with Shimano, SRAM and Campagnolo road groupsets.
Stock, Shipping and Returns
Shipping Destinations: United Kingdom and Europe (additional shipping cost for Europe)
Returns Class: Custom
Delivery: Free in the UK
Click and Collect: Yes
Moonglu Independent Bike Shop | 57 Blossomgate | North Yorkshire | HG4 2AN | email@example.com | 01765 601106
QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
Have a Question?
Be the first to ask a question about this.