Handbuilt Shimano RS505 on DT Swiss R460 DB Road Disc Wheels
Moonglu Wheelworks Handbuilt road disc wheels
Shimano RS505 32 hole Centrelock Disc Hubs handbuilt onto DT Swiss R460 DB Disc only road rims. The RS505 hubs are a new product from Shimano, the front hub is a 100mm axle cup and cone hub with labyrinth seals and centrelock disc interface, the rear hub is a 135mm axle cup and cone hub with an 11 speed road and mountain bike compatible freehub body. These would be perfect as spare wheels or as a low cost upgrade wheel. The R460 rims are disc specific and tubeless road compatible.
- 1 x Shimano RS-505 32 hole centrelock disc front hub 100mm QR only
- 1 x Shimano RS-505 32 hole centrelock disc rear hub 135mm QR only
- 64 x Sapim Race Stainless Steel Double Butted Spokes Black
- 64 x Sapim Polyax 14mm Brass Spoke Nipples with nipple washers.
- 2 x DT Swiss R460 DB Disc only rims
- Front Wheel - 856g (Race Spokes)
- Rear Wheel - 1040g (Race Spokes)
- Total Weight - 1896g (Race Spokes)
- Rim only - 450g
- The rear wheel is supplied as standard with a Shimano/SRAM 10/11 speed compatible freehub body. A spacer is supplied for use with 10 speed cassettes.
- These rims are constructed to be tubeless compatible using the tape, valve and sealant method. They will be supplied with 2 complete rounds of tubeless tape. The rims can be used with or without inner tubes.
- The rims are disc only, they can't be used with rim braking systems.
- Tubeless sealant and valve stems can be ordered here. We recommend 44mm valves on these wheels.
- These wheels are only compatible with quick release fork dropouts, 100mm front and 135mm rear spacing. These wheels are supplied with Shimano quick releases.
- For all the wheel aficionados, we build all our wheels with the hub logo lined up with the rim valve hole. A small matter, but important to those with a wheel fetish.
- The wheel weights quoted above are genuine, complete wheels measured in the shop.
- All our wheels are dispatched carriage Free within the UK.
- For further information about our wheel builds please refer to our Wheel Building FAQs.
Before ordering these wheels, please understand that the wheels will generally be built to order from the component parts. Items shown instock will be instock in their component parts, ready to be laced up, tensioned and trued. In most cases we can't pluck these wheels off the shelf, pack them into boxes and dispatch them, if only life was that easy. We will do our utmost to make the turnaround time as quick as possible (usually 7-10 days), but if you are in doubt, please Contact us first.
Stock, Shipping and Returns
Shipping Destinations: United Kingdom and International
Returns Class: Custom
Wheel Builder's Comments
These Shimamo RS-505 road disc hubs have only recently become available. The hubs feature Shimano's well sealed and easily serviceable, reliable cup and cone bearing system. They offer a low cost option for standard quick release road disc hubs and are a perfect mate for the incredibly good value DT Swiss R460 700c disc rims. In my opinion these are a perfect 2nd set of wheels or a low cost wheel upgrade package. I have used nipple washers to improve long term durability of the non eyeletted alloy rims.