Handbuilt Hope RS4 on Stans Alpha Road Wheels
Moonglu Wheelworks Handbuilt Road Wheels
Hope's brand new RS4 road specific hubs hand built into Stans Alpha 400 road rims. We have chosen the lightest build combination for this all round road wheelset. We have used a 20 Hole front Hope RS4 laced radially and a 24 Hole rear Hope RS4 hub laced 2 cross, both with black Sapim CX Ray spokes and black alloy spoke nipples. To complete the theme we have replaced the rather awful standard rim stickers with a grey and black satin effect graphic.
I have always been a fan of the Stans Alpha rim. I have used them multiple times on my own bikes and ridden them on various terrains including the cobbles of Roubaix and they have never let me down. I have chosen the Alpha 400 version for additional strength and durability over the lighter 340 version. Although not superlight, these wheels will be durable, fast and light enough to accelerate and maintain speed when the gradient increases. The new Hope RS4 hub needs very little introduction, using Hope's legendary internals in a more road friendly package.
- 1 x Hope RS4 Disc 20 Hole front hub (hub specification)
- 1 x Hope RS4 Disc 24 Hole rear hub (hub specification)
- 44x Sapim CX Ray Black Aero Spokes with Black 14mm Alloy Nipples
- 2 x Stans Alpha 400 rims with custom Stealth graphics.
- Front Wheel - 673g
- Rear Wheel - 825g
- Total Weight - 1498g
- Rim only - 400g
Hub Axle Options
|Front Wheel||Rear Wheel|
|100mm Standard Quick Release||130mm Standard Quick Release|
- The rear wheel is supplied as standard with a Shimano/SRAM 9/10/11 speed compatible alloy freehub body.
- These rims are road tubeless compatible, they will be supplied by Moonglu with 2 layers of tubeless tape. The wheels can be set up with standard clincher tyres or road tubeless compatible tyres such as the Maxxis Padrone TR.
- Quick releases aren't included but can be added to the basket.
- For all the wheel aficionados, we build all our wheels with the hub logo lined up with the rim valve hole. A small matter, but important to those with a wheel fetish.
- The wheel weights quoted above are genuine, complete wheels measured in the shop.
- For further information about our wheel builds please refer to our Wheel Building FAQs.
- Warranty Policy
- We would impose an 80kg (12.5st) rider weight limit on these wheels. Please consider this before making a purchase.
These wheels are built and ready to ship. Depending on the day/time of order they will normally be packaged and dispatched next day.
Ways to Pay
1. Our wheels are now available with 0% Finance. If you would like to spread the cost of these custom wheels please contact us via email (email@example.com) and we can forward the application form to be filled in online. It's simple to complete with a quick decision. eg. Deposit = £50, 6 Monthly Payments £75. Total Amount Payable = £500 Applicants must be 18 or over and UK resident. Further details are available on our Finance Blog.
2. For card or Paypal payments please use our normal checkout page and get 10% discount by using code RS4ALP400CX
Stock, Shipping and Returns
Shipping Destinations: United Kingdom and International
Returns Class: Custom
Delivery: Free in the UK
Click and Collect: Yes
Wheel Builder's Comments
Please read the comments by owner and wheel builder Neil Dunkley above.