Hand built Hope RS4 on Mavic Open Pro UST Road Wheels
Moonglu Wheelworks hand built road wheels
Winter training wheels or all year round road mile munchers, these rim brake road wheels will be reliable in all conditions with Hope's legendary RS4 road hubs and Mavic's updated, UST tubeless compatible Open Pro rims.
Made in the UK by Hope Technology, RS4 road hubs hand built by Moonglu Wheelworks into Mavic Open Pro UST tubeless rim brake only road rims. Available in combinations of 24 hole, 28 hole or 32 hole, we have paired the RS4 road specific hub with the Open Pro UST, Mavic's newest tubeless compatible road disc rim. With a 19mm inner width the Open Pro UST can be paired with tyres from 25-47mm.
Wheel Build specification:
- 1 x Hope RS4 road front hub (hub specification)
- 1 x Hope RS4 road rear hub (hub specification)
- DT Competition Stainless Steel Double Butted Spokes Black (option to upgrade to Sapim CX Ray Aero Black)
- 2 x Mavic Open Pro UST rim brake only rims (rim specification)
24 and 28 hole front wheels will be built with a radial lacing pattern and 32 hole built 3x/3x.
28 hole rear wheels will be built 2x/2x and 32 hole built 3x/3x.
- Front Wheel - 799g
- Rear Wheel - 947g
- Total Weight - 1746g
- Rim only - 430g
- Option of Shimano (9/10/11 speed) alloy or stainless steel freehub body. Campagnolo 10/11 speed freehub body also available.
- Front Hub is 100mm QR (quick release not supplied but option to buy)
- Rear Hub is 130mm QR (quick release not supplied but option to buy)
- Hope Stainless Steel quick releases will be supplied in the same colour as hubs unless otherwise stated in order notes.
- Spoke Nipple Options are either 14mm brass in silver or black or 14mm alloy in silver or black. We would recommend brass spoke nipples in UK riding conditions to extend service life.
- These rims are UST tubeless compatible.
- For all the wheel aficionados, we build all our wheels with the hub logo lined up with the rim valve hole. A small matter, but important to those with a wheel fetish.
- The wheel weights quoted above are genuine, complete wheels measured in the shop.
- For further information about our wheel builds please refer to our Wheel Building FAQs.
- Warranty Policy
Before ordering these wheels, please understand that the wheels will generally be built to order from the component parts. Items shown instock will be instock in their component parts, ready to be laced up, tensioned and trued. In most cases we can't pluck these wheels off the shelf, pack them into boxes and dispatch them, if only life was that easy. We will do our utmost to make the turnaround time as quick as possible (usually 7-10 days), but if you are in doubt, please Contact us first.
Ways to Pay
1. Our wheels are now available with 0% Finance. If you would like to spread the cost of these custom wheels please contact us via email (email@example.com) and we can forward the application form to be filled in online. It's simple to complete with a quick decision. eg. Deposit = £50, 6 Monthly Payments £75. Total Amount Payable = £500 Applicants must be 18 or over and UK resident. Further details are available on our Finance Blog.
2. For card or Paypal payments please use our normal checkout page and get 10% discount by using code RS4OP
Wheel Builder's Comments
The perfect pairing for reliable road wheels. The RS4 road hubs feature Hope's legendary hand made quality with specific engineering for road wheels. The RS4s are quieter and have less freehub resistance than previous Hope road hubs. Combine these with the all new Mavic Open Pro rim brake specific, tubeless compatible road rims and you have some genuinely reliable all year round or winter training wheels.
Stock, Shipping and Returns
Shipping Destinations: United Kingdom and Europe (additional shipping cost for Europe)
Returns Class: Custom
Delivery: Free in the UK
Click and Collect: Yes
Moonglu Independent Bike Shop | 57 Blossomgate | North Yorkshire | HG4 2AN | firstname.lastname@example.org | 01765 601106