Hand Built Hope RS4 hubs with Mavic Open Pro UST Disc Rims
Moonglu Wheelworks hand built road disc wheels
Hope RS4 hubs built into Mavic Open Pro UST Disc rims
Made in the UK by Hope Technology, RS4 Centrelock road disc hubs handbuilt into Mavic Open Pro UST road disc brake rims. Available in combinations of 24 hole, 28 hole or 32 hole, we have paired the RS4 road specific disc hub with the Open Pro UST, Mavic's newest tubeless compatible road disc rim. With a 19mm inner width the Open Pro UST disc can be paired with tyres from 28-47mm.
- 1 x Hope RS4 Disc front hub (hub specification)
- 1 x Hope RS4 Disc rear hub (hub specification)
- DT Competition Stainless Steel Double Butted Spokes Black (option to upgrade to Sapim CX Ray Aero Black)
- 2 x Mavic Open Pro UST Disc only rims (rim specification)
- Front Wheel - TBC
- Rear Wheel - TBC
- Total Weight - TBC
- Rim only - 430g
Hub Axle Options
|Front Wheel||Rear Wheel|
|100mm Standard Quick Release||135mm Standard Quick Release|
|15mm Thru Axle||142 x 12mm Thru Axle|
|12mm Thru Axle|
- The rear wheel is supplied as standard with a Shimano/SRAM 9/10/11 speed compatible alloy freehub body.
- These rims are tubeless compatible, they will be supplied by Moonglu with 2 layers of tubeless tape.
- For all the wheel aficionados, we build all our wheels with the hub logo lined up with the rim valve hole. A small matter, but important to those with a wheel fetish.
- The wheel weights quoted above are genuine, complete wheels measured in the shop.
- For further information about our wheel builds please refer to our Wheel Building FAQs.
- Warranty Policy
Before ordering these wheels, please understand that the wheels will generally be built to order from the component parts. Items shown instock will be instock in their component parts, ready to be laced up, tensioned and trued. In most cases we can't pluck these wheels off the shelf, pack them into boxes and dispatch them, if only life was that easy. We will do our utmost to make the turnaround time as quick as possible (usually 7-10 days), but if you are in doubt, please Contact us first.
Ways to Pay
1. Our wheels are now available with 0% Finance. If you would like to spread the cost of these custom wheels please contact us via email (firstname.lastname@example.org) and we can forward the application form to be filled in online. It's simple to complete with a quick decision. eg. Deposit = £50, 6 Monthly Payments £75. Total Amount Payable = £500 Applicants must be 18 or over and UK resident. Further details are available on our Finance Blog.
2. For card or Paypal payments please use our normal checkout page and get 5% discount by using code ROAD5
Wheel Builder's Comments
Brand new and a first for Hope Technology, the RS4 is a hub designed specifically for road disc bikes with a quieter ratchet design and centrelock disc mounts. Both these design features coupled with their legendary colours, design, reliability and value, make them a fantastic option for a road disc bike. Built into Mavic Open Pro UST premium road disc rims these wheels will be a fantastic lightweight upgrade option especially for those looking for some colour.
Stock, Shipping and Returns
Shipping Destinations: United Kingdom and Europe (additional shipping cost for Europe)
Returns Class: Custom
Delivery: Free in the UK
Click and Collect: Yes
Moonglu Independent Bike Shop | 57 Blossomgate | North Yorkshire | HG4 2AN | email@example.com | 01765 601106
Questions & AnswersAsk a Question
Hi, the 28/32h version of this wheelset, what would the recommended maximum Rider weight be?
Hi there, thanks for your message. It's difficult to give maximum rider weights for handbuilt wheels, but based on Mavic's rim recommendations I would say 120kg would be your maximum on this wheelset. Having built a few pairs, they build really well and the Mavic Open Pro USt rims are certainly tough.
Neil @ Moonglu
Hi Neil, Is there an option to select the steel free hub body (Shimano) with 4 pawls? Thanks, Ian
Thanks for your question.
The steel freehub body isn't a drop down option on the RS4 but if it's something that you would prefer on your order, send me a message by email or use the comments box and I'll supply the wheels with a 4 pawl steel freehub.
Neil @ Moonglu