Handbuilt Hope Pro 4 hubs on Mavic UST Rims
Moonglu Wheelworks Handbuilt Mavic UST Trail MTB wheels
Hope's brand new Pro 4 6 Bolt Disc Mountain Bike Hubs hand built onto Mavic EN821 or XM819 UST disc rims. Both rims available in 26" or 29", they both feature Mavic's premium welded joint and asymmetric spoke bed, along with their highest level of technology outside their factory wheels.
- 1 x Hope Pro 4 32 hole front hub (hub specification)
- 1 x Hope Pro 4 32 hole rear hub (hub specification)
- 64 x DT Competition Stainless Steel Double Butted Spokes Black (option to upgrade to DT Aero Comp Black)
- 2 x Mavic EN821 or XM819 Disc only rims (rim specification)
- Front Wheel - 832g (XM819 26"/Standard Spoke), 914g (XM819 29"/Standard Spoke)
- Rear Wheel - 981g (XM819 26"/Standard Spoke), 1050g (XM819 29"/Standard Spoke)
- Total Weight - 1813g (XM819 26"/Standard Spoke), 1964g (XM819 29"/Standard Spoke)
- 26" Rim only - XM819 405g, EN821 460g
- 29" Rim only - XM819 450g, EN821 505g
Hub Axle Options
|Front Wheel||Rear Wheel|
|9mm Standard Quick Release||10mm Standard Quick Release|
|9mm Thru Axle (DT RWS type)||10mm Thru Axle (DT RWS type)|
|15mm Thru Axle||135 x 12mm Thru Axle|
|20mm Thru Axle||142 x 12mm Thru Axle|
|110 x 15mm BOOST Thru Axle||148 x 12mm BOOST Thru Axle|
- The rear wheel can be supplied with the option of 9/10/11 speed compatible alloy or steel freehub body or SRAM XD drive compatible.
- These rims are UST tubeless compatible, they are manufactured to be fully sealed without the need for rim tapes.
- The wheels are supplied with Mavic UST tubeless valves, sealant can be ordered here.
- We prefer to build these rims with 16mm brass spoke nipples. These are included as standard and we don't offer any other spoke nipple options.
- For all the wheel aficionados, we build all our wheels with the hub logo lined up with the rim valve hole. A small matter, but important to those with a wheel fetish.
- The wheel weights quoted above are genuine, complete wheels measured in the shop.
- For further information about our wheel builds please refer to our Wheel Building FAQs.
Before ordering these wheels, please understand that the wheels will generally be built to order from the component parts. Items shown instock will be instock in their component parts, ready to be laced up, tensioned and trued. In most cases we can't pluck these wheels off the shelf, pack them into boxes and dispatch them, if only life was that easy. We will do our utmost to make the turnaround time as quick as possible (usually 7-10 days), but if you are in doubt, please Contact us first.
Stock, Shipping and Returns
Shipping Destinations: United Kingdom and International
Returns Class: Custom
Delivery: Free in the UK
Click and Collect: Yes
Wheel Builder's Comments
Brand new for 2016, the Pro 4 is Hope's brand new hub set. We start taking we orders for these on January 1st, and all our new wheel orders from this date will be supplied with Pro 4 hubs. Specifications for the hubs and wheel weights will be supplied as we build our first pairs of wheels. Now available with BOOST specific hubs and a choice of 8 different rim decal options.
The EN821 is a solid rim built for heavy duty trail and enduro mountain bike use. These have been a popular wheel build over the last year and feedback has been very positive, it's a shame they don't offer a 650b option.