Hope Pro 4 hubs hand built into DT Swiss XM401 Rims
Moonglu Wheelworks Handbuilt Trail wheels
XC and Trail wheels featuring Hope Pro 4 hubs and DT Swiss XM401 rims. Strong but lightweight, ideal for cross country and trail riding.
Customer Notice 01.09.21. Please read before ordering.
Hope are still producing Pro 4 hubs but there is a significant backlog. Currently hubs are taking at least 6 weeks to come through from Hope. This will have a knock on effect on our wheels. It is likely that custom wheel orders will now be 7-8 weeks for delivery. Please only order if you are happy to wait for your wheels. We cannot give refunds for cancelled orders as they are all custom. For those that do order, we appreciate your business and will get your wheels to you as promptly as possible. You will get your wheels but you'll have to wait in line for delivery. Thanks for your patience.
Hope's brand new Pro 4 6 Bolt Disc Mountain Bike Hubs handbuilt onto DT Swiss XM401 Trail and All Mountain rims. Available in 27.5" or 29", the XM401 is DT's premium welded joint aftermarket trail and all mountain rim. A new generation of tubeless compatible rim from DT Swiss, at 27mm wide the XM401 is one of the widest and lightest available in the this category.
All our DT Swiss rim equipped wheels now have the option of silver alloy Squorx Prolock spoke nipples or Sapim Double Square Secure Lock Brass in Silver or Black. All these options are compatible with DT PHR washers. The use of these nipples allows us to use a slightly longer spoke for added strength and to build the wheels from the outside, reducing tooling marks on the spoke nipple.
- 1 x Hope Pro 4 32 hole front hub (hub specification)
- 1 x Hope Pro 4 32 hole rear hub (hub specification)
- 64 x Sapim Race Stainless Steel Double Butted Spokes Black (option to upgrade to Sapim CX Ray Black)
- 2 x DT Swiss XM401 Disc only rims (rim specification)
- Front Wheel -
- Rear Wheel -
- Total Weight -
- 27.5" Rim only - 430g
- 29" Rim only - 460g
Hub Axle Options
|Front Wheel||Rear Wheel|
|9mm Standard Quick Release||10mm Standard Quick Release|
|9mm Thru Axle (DT RWS type)||10mm Thru Axle (DT RWS type)|
|15mm Thru Axle (Torque Caps Available to Order)||135 x 12mm Thru Axle|
|20mm Thru Axle||142 x 12mm Thru Axle|
|110 x 15mm BOOST Thru Axle||148 x 12mm BOOST Thru Axle|
- The rear wheel can be supplied with the option of 9/10/11 speed compatible alloy or steel freehub body or SRAM XD drive compatible.
- These rims are tubeless compatible, they will be supplied by Moonglu with 1 round of tubeless tape.
- For all the wheel aficionados, we build all our wheels with the hub logo lined up with the rim valve hole. A small matter, but important to those with a wheel fetish.
- The wheel weights quoted above are genuine, complete wheels measured in the shop.
- For further information about our hand built mtb wheels please refer to our Wheel Building FAQs.
- Warranty Policy
Before ordering these wheels, please understand that the wheels will generally be built to order from the component parts. Items shown instock will be instock in their component parts, ready to be laced up, tensioned and trued. In most cases we can't pluck these wheels off the shelf, pack them into boxes and dispatch them, if only life was that easy. We will do our utmost to make the turnaround time as quick as possible (currently 2-3 weeks), but if you are in doubt, please Contact us first.
Stock, Shipping and Returns
Shipping Destinations: United Kingdom only
Returns Class: Custom
Delivery: Free in the UK
Click and Collect: Yes
Moonglu Independent Bike Shop | 57 Blossomgate | North Yorkshire | HG4 2AN | email@example.com | 01765 601106
QUESTIONS & ANSWERSAsk a Question
I need from wheel only in hope red hub. How much would that be???
Thanks for your message. We don't currently advertise these with a front wheel only option but we can supply to demand. The price for that rim and Hope Pro 4 would be £225 including carriage.
If you would like this wheel please contact me by email.
Neil @ Moonglu