Hope Pro 4 hubs hand built into Nuke Proof Horizon V2 rims
Awaiting stock, contact for availability
Moonglu Wheelworks Hand Built Enduro Mountain Bike wheels
Our toughest mountain bike wheel options, Hope Pro 4 hubs built into Nuke Proof Horizon V2 wide profile Enduro rims.
Customer Notice 01.02.21. Please read before ordering.
Hope are still producing Pro 4 hubs but there is a significant backlog. Currently hubs are taking approximately 2 weeks to come through from Hope. This will have a knock on effect on our wheels. It is likely that custom wheel orders will now be 2-3 weeks for delivery. Please only order if you are happy to wait for your wheels. We cannot give refunds for cancelled orders as they are all custom. For those that do order, we appreciate your business and will get your wheels to you as promptly as possible. You will get your wheels but you'll have to wait in line for delivery. Thanks for your patience.
Nuke Proof Horizon V2 Rim
This MTB rim is constructed from a special blend of alloys, which give it a similar hardness to 7-series alloy but with the ductility and yield properties of a 6-series. This means that you'll benefit from the best of both worlds as you blast across the mountain. Nukeproof has also equipped this model with a micro-shotpeened and anodised finish, which gives it an extra layer of resistance against corrosion and wear. As a result, you'll enjoy being able to shred the trails in all weather conditions, without worrying about the elements damaging your gear.
Nukeproof has ensured that their front and rear rim profiles are the same but due to the rear rim being more likely to take most of the hits, they have used a thicker sidewall for added strength. The front rim has a thinner sidewall, which allows for excellent weight savings and a perfect balance between strength and weight. If you want some extra security, or if you want to save some more weight, there is no problem using a pair of front or rear rims.
Rim Inner Width: 30mm
Rim Outer Width: 35mm
Rim Height: 21.6mm
Tubeless Compatible: Yes with tape supplied
Finish: Micro Shot Peened and Anodized
- 1 x Hope Pro 4 32 hole front hub (hub specification)
- 1 x Hope Pro 4 32 hole rear hub (hub specification) (exploded view) (freehub options)
- 64 x Sapim Race Stainless Steel Double Butted Spokes Black (option to upgrade to Sapim CX Ray Aero Black)
- 2 x Nuke Proof Horizon V2 Disc only rims (rim specification)
- Front Wheel - TBCg
- Rear Wheel - TBCg
- Total Weight - TBCg (27.5" Rim with Standard Spokes)
- 27.5" Rim - Front 460g, Rear 490g
- 29" Rim - Front 510g, Rear 540g
Hub Axle Options
|Front Wheel||Rear Wheel|
|9mm Standard Quick Release||10mm Standard Quick Release|
|9mm Thru Axle (DT RWS type)||10mm Thru Axle (DT RWS type)|
|15mm Thru Axle (Torque Caps Available to Order)||135 x 12mm Thru Axle|
|20mm Thru Axle||142 x 12mm Thru Axle|
|110 x 15mm BOOST Thru Axle||148 x 12mm BOOST Thru Axle|
- The rear wheel can be supplied with the option of 9/10/11 speed compatible alloy or steel freehub body or SRAM XD drive compatible. Shimano Microspline also available.
- These rims are tubeless compatible, they will be supplied by Moonglu with 2 rounds of tubeless tape.
- For all the wheel aficionados, we build all our wheels with the hub logo lined up with the rim valve hole. A small matter, but important to those with a wheel fetish.
- The wheel weights quoted above are genuine, complete wheels measured in the shop.
- For further information about our wheel builds please refer to our Wheel Building FAQs.
- Warranty Policy
Before ordering these wheels, please understand that the wheels will generally be built to order from the component parts. Items shown instock will be instock in their component parts, ready to be laced up, tensioned and trued. In most cases we can't pluck these wheels off the shelf, pack them into boxes and dispatch them, if only life was that easy. We will do our utmost to make the turnaround time as quickly as possible (currently 2-4 weeks), but if you are in doubt, please Contact us first.
Wheel Builder's Comments
Proving to be one of our most popular wheelsets both by sales and internet searches. Customers are clearly looking for handbuilt quality, strong and lightweight wheels with Hope's incredible Pro 4 hub with their multitude of colours and options.
Stock, Shipping and Returns
Shipping Destinations: United Kingdom and Europe (additional shipping cost for Europe)
Returns Class: Custom
Delivery: Free in the UK
Click and Collect: Yes
Moonglu Independent Bike Shop | 57 Blossomgate | North Yorkshire | HG4 2AN | firstname.lastname@example.org | 01765 601106
QUESTIONS & ANSWERSAsk a Question
i have sram sx eagle cassette and i wondering what freehub body i would need for this wheelset.
Thanks for the message. For SX Eagle you will need to choose the Shimano/SRAM 9/10/11 Speed Alloy or Stainless Steel freehub body.
Neil @ Moonglu