Hand built Erase Components MTB hubs with DT Swiss XM481 rims
Moonglu Wheelworks hand built mountain bike wheels
All Mountain and Enduro wheels featuring Erase Components MTB hubs and DT Swiss XM481 rims. Wide profile, strong but lightweight, ideal for enduro and trail biking.
A new brand for Moonglu. Erase Components hubs are designed and hand made in Belgium. Similar in principal to Hope components, Erase build well thought out, high quality products that are rider tested and proven. Their hubs feature Enduro angular contact, adjustable preload bearings, a 60T ratchet style freehub and tough titanium freehub bodies. Erase hubs are currently only available in black. We are only stocking their BOOST hubs but can do 15x100mm/142x12mm hubs to order. All their hubs feature a lifetime warranty.
We are now hand building Erase MTB hubs into DT Swiss XM481 wide profile trail and All Mountain rims. Available in 27.5" or 29", the XM481 is DT's premium welded joint aftermarket all mountain rim. A new generation of tubeless compatible rim from DT Swiss, at 35mm wide (external) the XM481 is one of the widest and lightest available in the Enduro category.
All our DT Swiss rim equipped wheels now have the option of silver alloy Squorx Prolock spoke nipples or Sapim Double Square Secure Lock Brass in Silver or Black. All these options are compatible with DT PHR washers. The use of these nipples allows us to use a slightly longer spoke for added strength and to build the wheels from the outside, reducing tooling marks on the spoke nipple.
- 1 x Erase MTB 32 Hole 6 bolt disc front hub (hub specification) (exploded view)
- 1 x Erase MTB 32 Hole 6 bolt disc rear hub (hub specification) (exploded view)
- 64 x Sapim Race Stainless Steel Double Butted Spokes Black (option to upgrade to Sapim CX Ray Aero Black)
- 2 x DT Swiss XM481 Disc only rims (rim specification)
- Front Wheel - 873g (27.5" with standard spokes)
- Rear Wheel - 964g (27.5" with standard spokes, alloy freehub)
- Total Weight - 1837g
- 27.5" Rim only - 490g
- 29" Rim only - 525g
Hub Axle Options
|Front Wheel||Rear Wheel|
|15mm Thru Axle||142 x 12mm Thru Axle|
|110 x 15mm BOOST Thru Axle||148 x 12mm BOOST Thru Axle|
- Options of Shimano HG (10/11 speed), Shimano Microspline (12 speed) and SRAM XD freehubs available. Freehubs are constructed of titanium.
- These rims are tubeless compatible. We will fit 2 complete rounds of Tesa tubeless tape prior to dispatch.
- For all the wheel aficionados, we build all our wheels with the hub logo lined up with the rim valve hole. A small matter, but important to those with a wheel fetish.
- The wheel weights quoted above are genuine, complete wheels measured in the shop.
- For further information about our hand built mtb wheels please refer to our Wheel Building FAQs.
- Warranty Policy
Before ordering these wheels, please understand that the wheels will generally be built to order from the component parts. Items shown instock will be instock in their component parts, ready to be laced up, tensioned and trued. In most cases we can't pluck these wheels off the shelf, pack them into boxes and dispatch them, if only life was that easy. We will do our utmost to make the turnaround time as quick as possible (currently 2-3 weeks), but if you are in doubt, please Contact us first.
Wheel Builder's Comments
One of our most popular wheelsets, the DT Swiss XM481 fits the bill for many riders. Wide profile and tough but with a class leading weight. If you're a wheels on the ground, all mountain and enduro rider running 2.3-2.6" tyres, these are the rims to go for. The Erase Components hubs have all the reliability of the British Hope Pro 4 but with a slightly lighter weight, 60T ratchet engagement system and a titanium freehub body.
Stock, Shipping and Returns
Shipping Destinations: United Kingdom and Europe (additional shipping cost for Europe)
Returns Class: Custom
Delivery: Free in the UK
Click and Collect: Yes
Moonglu Independent Bike Shop | 57 Blossomgate | North Yorkshire | HG4 2AN | firstname.lastname@example.org | 01765 601106
QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
Have a Question?
Be the first to ask a question about this.