Hand Built DT Swiss 350 Road Hubs on DT RR 411 rims
Moonglu Wheelworks Handbuilt road wheels
GET 10% Off these DT Swiss Wheels with discount code 350RR411
DT Swiss cartridge bearing equipped 350 series hubs built into a new generation DT Swiss road rim. The most advanced alloy existing for rims meets the most advanced rim profile to form the RR 411 rim. From the moment the alloy is melted all the way to the secret surface treatment, this rim is all about getting the absolute best out of the great, shiny metal that is aluminum. Very light, very strong, very classy is the result. In its asymmetric version it allows to build wheels with even tension, making for an even crispier ride.
These wheels are an excellent upgrade wheel set and customer feedback so far highlights the extra comfort and smoothness of the wider profile, lighter weight RR 411 rim. The front wheel is built with a radial spoke pattern, the rear is 2 cross on both sides with an asymmetric rim.
- 1 x DT 350 24 hole hub (hub specification)
- 1 x DT 350 28 hole hub 9/10/11 Speed Shimano (hub specification)
- 52 x Sapim CX Ray Aero Black
- 52 x Sapim 14mm Brass Spoke Nipples
- 1 x DT Swiss RR 411 24 Hole Road Rim (rim specification)
- 1 x DT Swiss RR 411 28 Hole Asymmetric Road Rim (rim specification)
- Front Wheel - 741g
- Rear Wheel - 908g
- Total Weight - 1649g
- Rim only - 435g
- The rear wheel is supplied as standard with a Shimano 9/10/11 speed compatible alloy freehub body. A spacer is supplied for use with 9/10 speed cassettes.
- These rims are tubeless compatible, they will be supplied with 2 complete rounds of yellow tubeless tape. The rims can be used with or without inner tubes.
- Tubeless sealant and valve stems can be ordered here. We recommend 44mm valves on these wheels.
- These wheels are only compatible with standard quick release frames with 100mm forks and 130mm rear dropouts. These wheels are not supplied with wheel skewers.
- For all the wheel aficionados, we build all our wheels with the hub logo lined up with the rim valve hole. A small matter, but important to those with a wheel fetish.
- The wheel weights quoted above are genuine, complete wheels measured in the shop.
- For further information about our wheel builds please refer to our Wheel Building FAQs.
- Warranty Policy
Before ordering these wheels, please understand that the wheels will generally be built to order from the component parts. Items shown instock will be instock in their component parts, ready to be laced up, tensioned and trued. In most cases we can't pluck these wheels off the shelf, pack them into boxes and dispatch them, if only life was that easy. We will do our utmost to make the turnaround time as quick as possible (usually 7-10 days), but if you are in doubt, please Contact us first.
Our current waiting time for new orders is available here.
Ways to Pay
1. Our wheels are now available with 0% Finance. If you would like to spread the cost of these custom wheels please contact us via email (firstname.lastname@example.org) and we can forward the application form to be filled in online. It's simple to complete with a quick decision. eg. Deposit = £50, 6 Monthly Payments £75. Total Amount Payable = £500 Applicants must be 18 or over and UK resident. Further details are available on our Finance Blog.
2. For card or Paypal payments please use our normal checkout page and get 10% discount by using code 350RR411
Stock, Shipping and Returns
Shipping Destinations: United Kingdom and International
Returns Class: Custom
Delivery: Free in the UK
Click and Collect: Yes
Wheel Builder's Comments
The RR 411 is one of the best convention road rims that I have built. They're not the lightest available, but I believe that they could be one of the most durable road rims around, right up there in quality with the likes of the Pacenti SL23 and HED Belgium Plus rims. Paired with the reliable DT 350 series hubs and you've got a seriously good set of road wheels.
We have used Sapim CX Ray spokes on these wheels. We consider these to be the finest spokes available. Their combination of strength and weight make them virtually unrivalled before you consider the small aero benefit. I have chosen brass nipples for the corrosion resistance, especially when sealed into a tubeless road wheel.