Genesis Equilibrium Disc 10 Small only
2016 Genesis Equilibrium Disc 10 Road Bike
Traditional meets contemporary here with our classic Equilibrium steel frame bought bang-up-to-date with the addition of disc brakes.
Keen to pass-on the much-loved riding traits from the conventional Equilibrium, the Equilibrium Disc 10 shares much of the same geometry and tube profiles to deliver that same solid feel with a predictable, planted ride. Add the confidence-inspiring performance from TRP's dual-piston actuation Spyre mechanical disc brakes and you've got yourself the ideal road disc bike, for those that that favour comfort, stability and fun come before KOM leaderboards.
You'll be please to know we also transferred over all of the added practicalities from the standard Equilibrium; generous clearances, mudguard eyelets and even rear rack mounts help the Equilibrium Disc 10 easily morph into a lightweight tourer, daily commuter or winter trainer.
- Mjolnir. AKA ‘Thor’s Hammer’ and pronounced ‘Myol-n(ee)r‘ (rolls off the tongue, eh?). Our double-butted, cold-drawn, seamless, Taiwanese chromoly tubeset also goes by the aliases of 4130, Cr-Mo and Chromo. It’s a like-for-like replacement for other, identical branded chromoly tubing and ultimately means a saving can be passed onto you via either a healthy price drop or a little more room for up-speccing elsewhere without sacrificing performance.
- Rack and Guard Ready. Generous clearances and eyelets for full-length mudguards and a rear rack mean the Equilibrium Disc morphs quickly and effortlessly into an all-weather load carrier. Room here for 28c tyres + 40mm mudguards
- TRP Spyre. TRP Spyre-C mechanical disc brakes utilize and clever and unique dual-piston action meaning we forgo the usual static slave pad/piston usually found with other mechanical disc brake. Improved pad/rotor clearance and therefore no rubbing and infinitely easier setup and less continual tweaking are the upshots. We've also combined them with Jagwire KEB-SL compressionless outer for optimum performance. The devil's in the detail!
- Fulcrum Racing Sport DB CX. With the UK's infamous weather in mind we've opted for the 'CX' version of Fulcrum's new Racing Sport DB wheelset - getting the upgraded 'double gasket' hub seals for more time spent riding and less maintaining! The wheels also utilise Fulcrum’s new C17 new-school wider rim profile (23mm OD/17mm ID) and weigh in at a very competitive 1892g per pair. Not too shabby!
Full details including the specification and geometry for the Equilibrium Disc 10 are available on the Genesis Bikes website here.
Things to consider when buying a Genesis from Moonglu.
- Moonglu are a specialist bike shop with dedicated and knowledgeable staff always on hand to discuss specific requirements.
- Bikes are dispatched with FREE delivery within the UK.
- We offer a free of charge first service on all our bikes and we're always on hand to sort out any issues that may develop
- We are a friendly face with strong customer relations
- You'll be met by someone with knowledge of your bike who'll try their hardest to resolve any problems or help with your buying needs
- We will support the manufacturers warranty now and in the future.