Erase Components road hubs hand built into DT Swiss RR411 Road Rims
Moonglu Wheelworks hand built tubeless compatible road wheels
Winter training wheels or all year round road mile munchers, these rim brake road wheels will be reliable in all conditions with Erase Components Road hubs and DT's tubeless compatible RR 411 rims.
A new brand for Moonglu. Erase Components hubs are designed and hand made in Belgium. Similar in principal to Hope components, Erase build well thought out, high quality products that are rider tested and proven. Their hubs feature Enduro angular contact, adjustable preload bearings, a 60T ratchet style freehub and tough titanium freehub bodies. Erase hubs are currently only available in black. All their hubs feature a lifetime warranty.
We have paired the Erase hubs with the DT Swiss tubeless compatible road disc rim. With a 18mm inner width the RR 411 can be paired with tyres from 23-40mm.
All our DT Swiss rim equipped wheels now have the option of silver alloy Squorx Prolock spoke nipples or Sapim Double Square Secure Lock Brass in Silver or Black. All these options are compatible with DT PHR washers. The use of these nipples allows us to use a slightly longer spoke for added strength and to build the wheels from the outside, reducing tooling marks on the spoke nipple.
Now available with the option of tubeless tyres. Choose from the following:
- Continental Grand Prix 5000 TL 25mm
- Continental Grand Prix 5000 TL 28mm
- Maxxis High Road TR 25mm
- Maxxis High Road TR 28mm
- Schwalbe Pro One (New Version) 25mm
- Schwalbe Pro One (New Version) 28mm
The specified price includes tubeless valves, tubeless sealant and setup.
Wheel Build specification:
- 1 x Erase road front hub 24h (hub specification)
- 1 x Erase road rear hub 28h (hub specification)
- 52 x Sapim Race Double Butted Black or Sapim CX Ray Aero Black
- 2 x DT Swiss RR 411 SBWT rim brake only rims (rim specification)
24 hole front wheels will be built with a radial lacing pattern and 28 hole rear wheels built 3x/3x. Rear wheels will feature the asymmetric version of the RR 411.
- Front Wheel -665g
- Rear Wheel - 806g
- Total Weight - 1470g (CX Ray spokes and brass nipples)
- Rim only - 430g
- Option of Shimano (9/10/11 speed) or SRAM XDR alloy freehub bodies.
- Spoke Nipple. We would recommend brass spoke nipples in UK riding conditions to extend service life but we do offer the option of alloy nipples for those that would prefer them.
- These rims are tubeless compatible, they will be supplied with 2 rounds of tubeless tape fitted.
- For all the wheel aficionados, we build all our wheels with the hub logo lined up with the rim valve hole. A small matter, but important to those with a wheel fetish.
- The wheel weights quoted above are genuine, complete wheels measured in the shop.
- For further information about our wheel builds please refer to our Wheel Building FAQs.
- Warranty Policy
Before ordering these wheels, please understand that the wheels will generally be built to order from the component parts. Items shown instock will be instock in their component parts, ready to be laced up, tensioned and trued. In most cases we can't pluck these wheels off the shelf, pack them into boxes and dispatch them, if only life was that easy. We will do our utmost to make the turnaround time as quick as possible (usually 7-10 days), but if you are in doubt, please Contact us first.
Wheel Builder's Comments
The RR 411 is one of the best conventional road rims that I have built. They're not the lightest available, but I believe that they could be one of the most durable road rims around, right up there in quality with the likes of the Pacenti SL23 and HED Belgium Plus rims. Paired with the reliable Erase hubs and you've got a seriously good set of road wheels. Compatible with Shimano, SRAM and Campagnolo road groupsets.
Stock, Shipping and Returns
Shipping Destinations: United Kingdom and Europe (additional shipping cost for Europe)
Returns Class: Custom
Delivery: Free in the UK
Click and Collect: Yes
Moonglu Independent Bike Shop | 57 Blossomgate | North Yorkshire | HG4 2AN | firstname.lastname@example.org | 01765 601106
QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
Have a Question?
Be the first to ask a question about this.