Genesis Equilibrium Disc 931 Stainless Steel Frame and Fork set
2016 Genesis Equilibrium 931 Stainless Steel Frame and Carbon Fork.
Ex Display Model (medium only)
That ever-present compliant and forgiving 'magic-carpet' ride feel of steel in a stunning and durable stainless-steel package. Part of the new wave of 'super steels', Reynolds 931 sits just below their flagship 953, offering a similar strength-to-weight ratio as 853 with added anti-corrosive resistance (thanks to its 17% Chromium content) to offer both durability and looks to last a lifetime.
Generous clearances, eyelets for full length, guard and a rear rack and options for external mechanical/intenral electronic routing round off this immensely practical, timeless, stainless steel mile muncher.
- Frame: Reynolds 931 Precipitation Hardening Stainless Steel with tapered headtube and dual Di2 and mechanical gear compatibility.
- Fork: Carbon Road Disc with tapered alloy steerer. 74mm Post Mount Disc.
- Headset: Prestine Sealed Cartridge Bearing
- Seatpost Diameter: 27.2mm (not included)
- Bottom Bracket: BSA 68mm Threaded (not included)
- Rear Disc: Flat Mount
- Fender Friendly. Fixed mudguard eyelets on frame and fork
- Rack Friendly: Fixed rack mounts on the frame
- Wide Tyres: Compatible with at least 28mm tyres with mudguards
- Frame Finish: Lacquered polished steel and black paint.
About Reynolds 931
931 has a 17% Chromium, 4% Nickel and Copper content, and is designated a stainless steel. When cold-worked and then aged/welded, this alloy cools to form a fine-grained, tough martensitic structure (“precipitate”) which offer builders ductile but strong fabrications.
At around 1300MPa tensile strength depending on heat-treatment, this steel is strong enough to be cold-drawn to tube walls around 0.4mm thick, offering light, competitive frame weights for durable frames with the RIDE OF STEEL.
Stock, Shipping and Returns
Shipping Destinations: United Kingdom and International
Returns Class: Standard
Delivery: Free in the UK
Click and Collect: Yes
This frame is ex display and is supplied with a cut fork steerer tube (length=260mm). The frame is in immaculate condition. Our recommended rider height for this frame would be 5'9" - 6'0"
Questions & Answers
Have a Question?
Be the first to ask a question about this.